What does Momento import from Twitter?
Momento will import the following items from Twitter:
Momento will also detect and import:
- People (mentioned in tweets) — These will appear under the 'Mentioned' tab of 'Explore' > 'People'.
Momento will not import:
- @replies (Your tweets starting with the @ symbol)
- Replies from other users to your tweets
- Direct Messages
Momento is focussed on capturing information that helps provide a picture of your daily activities and provide useful context. For technical reasons we chose to exclude @replies from the initial launch of Momento 3. We do plan to provide support for this in the future.
Can I add multiple Twitter accounts?
To do this you will need to either logout of you current Twitter account in Safari OR enable private browsing in Safari. Once you have done this you will then be able to add the new account in Momento.
Due to Twitter limitations Momento can only import your 3,200 most recent tweets.
We currently do not support the import of your Twitter Archive, but we are considering this for the future.
Connecting to Twitter
Due to a bug in iOS your Twitter password may have become corrupt. To fix this go to iOS Settings > Twitter and retype your password. Once complete attempt to reconnect in Momento.
If you are having issues with this feed and have carried out all of the checks on in our 'Troubleshooting Feeds' article, then here are some additional steps you can take to ensure this feed is setup correctly.
Check iOS Permissions
Ensure Momento has permission to access your Facebook account from within iOS Settings.
- Launch the iOS Settings app
- Navigate and tap on 'Privacy'
- Tap on 'Twitter'
- Ensure 'Momento' is enabled. If it isn't toggle the switch on, if it is, toggle the switch off and then back on again.
If you have account verification enabled you will need to create a temporary password to login to Momento. For more information, please see https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170388
Revoking App Access
If Twitter is not downloading your Tweets after connecting Momento to your account successfully, try the following:
- Login to your account at http://twitter.com
- Go to Settings > Apps
- Click the 'Revoke Access' link beside Momento
- Disconnect and Reconnect your Twitter feed in Momento as detailed in the 'Troubleshooting Feeds' article.